NS2 DownloadImplementing NS2 Projects
In this section we are going to discuss about the basics of ns2.Example program for network simulator 2.Ns2 is a open source software and can be freely downloaded and utilized for Research Purpose.
Quick Intro about NS2 ( Ns2 simulator):
- NS2 is a discrete event simulator targeted at networking research.
- NS2 is an object oriented simulator, written in C++, with an OTcl interpreter as a frontend.
- NS2 use Tcl language for creating simulation scenario file.
- Network topology, transmission time, using protocol etc are defined in scenario file
Steps involved in creating scenario file:
Step0 Declare Simulator and setting output file
Step1 Setting Node and Link
Step2 Setting Agent
Step3 Setting Application
Step4 Setting Simulation time and schedules
Step5 Declare finish
Sample code for ns2:
This is the sample code for creating random traffic in wireless network.
ns cbrgen.tcl [-type cbr|tcp] [-nn nodes] [-seed seed] [- mc connections] [-rate rate]
What are the return commands are used in ns2:
#define TCL_OK 0
#define TCL_ERROR 1
#define TCL_RETURN 2
#define TCL_BREAK 3
TCL_OK: it denoted command completes successfully
TCL_ERROR: it implies does not complete successfully. The interpreter will explain thereasons for the error.
TCL_RETURN: after returning from c++, the interpreter exits the current instproc without performing the rest of instproc.
TCL_BREAK: After returning from C++, the interpreter breaks the current loop. This is similar to executing C++ keyword break, but the results prevail to the OTcl domain
TCL_CONTINUE: After returning from C++, the interpreter continues to the next iteration. This is similar to executing C++ keyword continue, but the results prevail to the OTcl domain.
Journal Support for Research Scholars
Ns2 Projects Work Progress
- MANET – Mobile Ad Hoc Network 95%
- VANET – Vechicle Ad Hoc Netwok 97%
- LTE – Long Term Evolution 78%
- IoT – Internet of Things 90%
- Wireless Sensor Network 89%
- Network Security 89%
- Ns2 Attacks 96%
- Cognitive Radio Network 85%
- Parallel and Distributed Computing 73%
- SDN – Software Defined Networking 95%
- P2P , Video Streaming , Peersim 96%
- IPV4 , IPV6 88%
- 4G Network , 5G Network 80%
- Visual , Underwater Sensor Network 79%
- Multicasting Communication 84%
- Wimax, WiFi 90%
- OFDMA 94%