Wormhole Attack in NS2Guidance to implement Wormhole Attack using NS2
What is wormhole attack? How to Implement Wormhole attack using NS2 Simulator?
Wormhole attacks, the attackers tunnel the packets between distant locations in the network through an in-band or out-of-band channel.Wormhole can attract and bypass a large amount of network traffic, and thus the attacker can collect and manipulate network traffic.Wormhole tunnel gives two distant nodes the illusion that they are close to each other.
Security approaches in wormhole attack:
- Identity certificates.
Effects of wormhole attack:
- Change the network topology.
- Changing normal messages stream.
- False/forged routing information.
- Packet destruction/alteration by wormhole nodes.
Sample code for wormhole attack
This is the code for configuring wormhole nodes in manet
# configure Wormholes #puts "Making first wormhole" set n14 [$ns node] $n14 set X_ 300.0 $n14 set Y_ 500.0 $n14 set Z_ 0.0 $ns initial_node_pos $n14 20 $ns at 0.01 "$n14 label \"wh1\"" set n15 [$ns node] $n15 set X_ 900.0 $n15 set Y_ 300.0 $n15 set Z_ 0.0 $ns initial_node_pos $n15 20 $ns at 0.01 "$n15 label \"wh2\"" #[$n14 set ll_(0)] wormhole-peer [$n15 set ll_(0)] #[$n15 set ll_(0)] wormhole-peer [$n14 set ll_(0)]
Journal Support for Research Scholars
Ns2 Projects Work Progress
- MANET – Mobile Ad Hoc Network 95%
- VANET – Vechicle Ad Hoc Netwok 97%
- LTE – Long Term Evolution 78%
- IoT – Internet of Things 90%
- Wireless Sensor Network 89%
- Network Security 89%
- Ns2 Attacks 96%
- Cognitive Radio Network 85%
- Parallel and Distributed Computing 73%
- SDN – Software Defined Networking 95%
- P2P , Video Streaming , Peersim 96%
- IPV4 , IPV6 88%
- 4G Network , 5G Network 80%
- Visual , Underwater Sensor Network 79%
- Multicasting Communication 84%
- Wimax, WiFi 90%
- OFDMA 94%