The network is complicated connectivity of hardware, software, communication (protocols, technologies and links), routing techniques, and generated / real traffic flow. It is vastly complex to maintain and safeguard the whole system from attackers. This page helps you to understand the network related projects with their performance measuring metrics!!!
What are the basic networking concepts?
In general, the fundamental components of a network are routers, wireless AP (access points) and switches. All these are used to link the multiple devices enable communication within a network or among networks. For instance: the internet (connects millions of devices to share data through 5G communication technology)
- Physical Layout – Represent connection among network devices (Mesh, Star, Tree, Ring and Bus)
- Organizational Layout – Ordered network entities arrangements (P2P and client-server)
- Geographical Layout – Location where the network entities are positioned (MAN, PAN, LAN, WAN and NAN)
- Bandwidth – Network Size (Narrow and wide band)
- Communication Link – Medium to transport data (IR light, radio waves, wired cable, Laser light and micro waves)
Our Objective for Network Related Projects
In the final year of study, the students are insisted to do perform research and conduct the experiment on selected topic (i.e., Network Related Project). For this purpose, the students are advised to select the project topic in their interested areas. This makes the students to gain more conceptual and empirical knowledge in that area (Computer Network PhD Research Projects). Additionally, students can perform in-depth analysis and comparison on real-world scenarios in conducting their final year projects. Here, we have given you the primary intention of final year projects.
- Provide an opportunity to prove the research and project developing abilities of the students
- Improve the students’ competence in different qualities such as creativity, logical thinking, teamwork, analytical skill, communication skills, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Motivate students to practically implement their up-to-date learned skills from degree courses.
Overall, final year projects are envisioned to assist students in enhancing their soft and hard skills in all aspects. Particularly, it increases the ability to choose the best project title, create new projects, and develop verbal and written communication skills. In the case of verbal skills, students need to keep a one-to-one interaction with their project guide/supervisor throughout the project development. Students need to prepare the documents at the end of project completion in the case of written skills.
Most importantly, it creates a professional experience for the students to develop a project on time. This makes students feel a prior experience of a project before getting into the organization, which enables them to become good employees.
On the whole, the major aim of the Final Year Project for students is to enhance their learning competence and experience the best project implementation on a specific interested field. Below, we have given the different final year project development phases starting from topic selection to project outcome analysis.
Major Part of Projects is,
- Problem Statement (topic)
- Methodologies applied
- Results and Discussion
Problem Statement (topic)
Problem statement is nothing but the research questions that you are going to answer through proposed methodologies. For choosing the unique problem statement for network related projects, you have to answer following questions.
- Which research problem you want to solve?
- What makes you to choose this problem?
- In what way the problem will be solved?
Methodology is the major portion of the project development. It represents the techniques and algorithms used to solve the handpicked problem. For choosing appropriate methodologies, you have to answer the following questions.
- Did the proposed solutions meet the objective of the study?
- Did the proposed solutions are better than the existing ones? (Assess by performance metrics)
Results and Discussion
Result and discussion are the end phase of the project. It examines the experimental results based on multiple criteria to validate the worth of conducted project in terms of efficiency. For result analysis, you have to answer the following questions.
- Which development tools and technologies are used for project implementation?
- How are the methodologies applied?
- By what means, the result values are computed and recorded?
- Did any interference occur while experimentation, and how was it solved?
- Which analytical and statistical approaches are implemented in result inspection? (With suitable graphs and figures)
We hope you gain fundamental knowledge of networking concepts and the requirements and objectives of the final year projects. Next, we can see how the network related projects are developed, starting from planning till outcome assessment in the below steps.
Network Simulator Steps
- Plan the system design based on project requirements
- Prepare the architecture of network model
- Build, and test the network model
- Simulate the developed network model
- Inspect the experimental results
- Evaluate and prove the results
Furthermore, our experts have shared the various kinds of networks that are currently employing in many real-time and non-real-time applications and services. For networking scholars, it is essential to know the following varieties to choose their final year projects. Our technical professionals from the research team have long experience in all these networks to support you in every aspect of the study.
What are different types of networks?
- Wireless Sensor Network (WSN)
- Cognitive Radio Networks (CRN)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Optical Networking (OBS and OCS)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Submarine and Underground Networks
- Cellular Networks (6G, 5G Beyond and 5G)
- LTE Networks (LTE-A, LTE-M, LTE-A Pro)
- Wireless Multimedia Sensor Network (WMSN)
- Network-on-Chips (Optical, Wireless and Hybrid)
- Fog-Edge RAN, Cloud-Fog RAN and and Cloud-Edge RANs
- Wireless Ad-hoc Networks (MANET, FANET and VANET)
Prior to getting into the networking field, you have to know the following layers of the networking model. Since each is layer is intended to satisfy some functionalities. Overall, standard network communication takes place by crossing all these layers. Below, we have specified those layers with their primary operations for your reference.
Important Terminologies of Networks
- Physical Layer
- Modulation and frequency
- Attenuation and Interference
- Data Link Layer
- Encryption and Multiplexing
- Authentication and MAC Control
- Network Layer
- QoS and Routing
- Traffic Control and Addressing
- Hardware handover and location
- Transport Layer
- QoS and Traffic Flow Management
- Application Layer
- Multimedia and Service Location
- Advance Applications
Though networking has incredible advantages in establishing wired / wireless communication, it restricts deploying the network model in a realistic environment. These issues make both academic and business people conduct more researches to find the best-fitting solutions. Some of the majorly recognized constraints are itemized below,
Limitations of Networks
- Larger data loss because of interference
- Limited frequencies (majority of frequencies are employed)
- Minimum Data Transmission Rate
- Greater jitter and latency (integration with GSM)
- Low security (radio interface accessibility)
- Shared medium (protective access technique)
In order to assist you in recent research areas, our research team has conducted a comprehensive study on recent research articles and papers. From this study, we have identified the following areas as the most important ones. And also, it is directed towards the next generation of wireless network technologies.
Important Network Research Areas
- Scalable Mobile Computing
- High Speed Networks
- Mobile Networks & Wireless LAN
- Traffic Flow Analysis and Control
- Future Web and Network Security
- Shared Memory in Distributed Network
- Optical Networks and P2P Networks
- Next Generation in Computer Networks
- Blockchain Consensus and Agreement
- Wireless Adhoc Network and Systems Protocols
- Cryptography based Services and Applications
- Multimedia Systems in Distributed Network
- Efficient Input/Output in Network related Applications
Network Simulation Tools
A simulator helps you to study the whole network behavior and performance before the direct implementation in the real world. In the following, here we have given the importance of analyzing the network efficiency.
Network Performance Analysis
- The complexity of protocol is dependent on the network size.
- For instance: Queuing model is difficult to examine the run-time network behavior, traffic and retransmission timeouts
- Simulation analyse deeply about the actual protocol to improve the performance
The software application designed to model and evaluate the network’s performance is known as a network simulator. The existing system only performs fixed analytical methods, which are difficult to adapt to the current technologies. On using simulator, one can apply any kind of new technologies to model the required emerging network related projects. For instance: Network of vehicles, IIoT, LTE, WLAN, etc. For add-on information, here we have listed out few widely used network simulation tools that are sophisticated to handle any network security projects for final year students.
- Network Simulator
- Mobility Simulator
- VANET Simulators
Further, we have also included the workflow of network based projects in simulation. The following points make you realize how the network models are executed in the virtualized real platform.
Network Simulation Procedure
- Make the environ which is to be simulated
- Set the parameters of the simulation
- Perform simulation at various scenarios
- Analyse the graphical results after simulation
QoS Metrics for Networks
Next, we can see about the significance of QoS parameters. These parameters are used to analyse the performance of the network services provided to the end-users. Further, it measures the system characteristics and enables developer to take effective decision on improving the system efficiency. In specific, QoS parameters address the quality of service at sender side which the user should receive in application side.
Similarly, quality of experience means what exactly the user experienced at the time of utilizing the service. Overall, computing QoS and QoE make the developer to understand the whole system performance. Further, it also helps to analyze and figure out the bottlenecks of quality that need to improve more. Below, we have given you few most important parameters that are used for performance evaluation by means of QoE and QoS.
- It measures the amount of data received at the destination point divided by total time taken to receive the final packet.
- The events that degrade the throughput are link breakdowns / failures, outage, traffic, etc. which ultimately affects the QoS value
- Packet Delivery Ratio
- It measures the rate of number of packets received at destination with respect to packets generated at source
- Formula: Packet Delivery Ratio = total number of received packets / total number of sent packets x 100
- End-to-End Latency
- It measures the total time taken by the packet to move from source to destination
- Formula: End-to-End Latency = propagation time + queuing delay + transmission delay + processing delay
- Service provider need to reduce the End-to-End Latency. Since, if it increases then it affects the QoE value where the user receives the content lately
- Jitter and Packet Loss
- Jitter measures the time variation in packet delay which affects the transmission synchronization
- Packet loss measures amount of data that drop while transmitting the data from source to destination. Further, it requires retransmission request to send the packets again to destination
- Both jitter and packet loss affect the QoE value
- Bit Rate
- Similar to the throughput but computed in bits / sec
- Intended to measure the quality of content delivered
- May get affected due to current network state, device and network abilities
Our developers are always updated in all recent networking tools and technologies. Therefore, we are ready to obtain accurate results in any kind of challenging networking projects. Since, we are also best in choosing / creating and analysing the best problem-solving solutions for network related projects. So, if you want any help in project development or tool selection then you approach us.
For illustration purpose, below we have given the one sample network project with the information ranges from implementation plan to performance evaluation parameters. Let’s have a quick look on them,
Best Network Related Projects
Project Title – An Effective Authentication and Route Selection in Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
Step 1: We create a network environment with 3 eNodes and 150 UAV nodes
Step 2: Begin the simulation
Step 3: Generate the secret each node and create the cluster
Step 4: Implement SHA-3 for authentication
Step 5: Apply fuzzy reasoning technique by considering RSSI, Speed and Trust Metrics to select optimal path among the nodes
Step 6: Execute the packet distribution process
Step 7: Plot the graphs for end-to-end latency, average throughput and package delivery rate
Here, we implement the above steps through various protocols for comparative study.
- Scenario 1 – via Fuzzy
- Scenario 2 – via OLSR
- Scenario 3 – via DSDV
- Scenario 4 – via AODV
- Scenario 5 – Hybrid protocols (AODV with Fuzzy)
OS and Simulation Tool
- Operating System (OS) – Ubuntu
- OS Version – 14.04
- Simulator – NS3.26
Simulation Parameters for NS3
- Simulation Time – 1000 seconds
- MAC standard – 802.11
- Data – 512 bytes / packet
- Channel Mode – Wireless
- CBR Connections (Max.) – 200
- Overall Agents Count – 30
- Traffic Type – Constant Bit Rate
- Interconnection area – 50, 100, 200 m
- Agent Velocity – 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 (m/s)
- Routing Protocol – DSDV, Fuzzy, OLSR, AODV
On the whole, our research and development teams are ready to give the fullest support in constructing network related projects. So, make contact with us to avail the best services from our experts. Also, we assure you that we deliver the top-quality project with supplementary materials such as screenshots, running procedures, software installation steps, and execution video.