Do you guys have an idea about the protocols that are used in network simulator 2? If not, no worries!!! This article is the description about the protocols that are deployed in network simulator 2.
Supportive Protocols in Ns2
Here, we have enlisted the protocols that are used to perform notable processes. We have highlighted the list of protocols
- To send and receive email or some messages using internet
- Hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP)
- Simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP)
- Post office protocol (POP)
- Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP)
- To perform peer to peer sharing methods and process
- File transfer protocol (FTP)
- Secure shell (SSH)
Implementation of New Protocol in Ns2
To implement a new protocol using network simulator 2, we have to execute the below mentioned steps.
- Initially, we have to add the source code such as
protoname.cc, protoname.h, protoname_pkt.h, protoname_rtable.cc and protoname_rtable.h
- Then, we have to modify the existing code along with the Ns2 default package
- Following that, make an entry in the Makefile.in and recompile Ns2
- Finally, we have to test the protocol using TCL file
To this end, we have provided the essential data about the protocols which are functional in network simulator 2. So, you can reach us to aid more.