What is Xgraph?
Xgraph is considered as the general purpose x-y data plotter along with the interaction among buttons for the process such as selecting, printing, zooming and planning the display options. It is used to plot the data using various number of files in the same graph and that is managed through the unlimited data set sizes in several number of data files.
What is Ns2?
Ns2 is considered as the open source simulation tool which is used to run the functions based on Linux. In addition, it is considered as the discrete event simulator that is targeted in the networking research and offers the significant support for some simulation process such as IP protocols, multicast protocols and routing functions.
Plotting Results on Xgraph
The programming process of Xgraph is used to draw the graph in X display with the given data which is read through the data files and some of the standard input when the files are not specified. It is capable to display the 64 independent data sets with some utilization of various colors of lines that are styling in all the set. It is considered as the graph annotation process with the title, legend, grid labels, grid lines and tick marks and axis labels. In addition, this option is deployed to control the appearance of several components in the graph.
Data set includes some order of list with some points in various “directive X Y”. The directive process of drawing a line is included to draw among the point which is ahead and current point. Consequently, the move is specified for the directive process to tell the Xgraph which is not as a line drawn among the points. The process of drawing is considered as the default directive. The process includes with some specifications through enclosing the name in double quotes. The Xgraph is providing three control buttons in the upper left corner of all the window with the command line and it utilize some .Xresources and .Xdefaults in the data files.
Data File Formats in Xgraph
Xgraph is considered to expect some data based on x and y format. The x and y is the data point pair for all the lines and the data values are separated through the white space, semi colors and commas. The multi column data includes various values per line and all the values and columns are separated through the white space, semi colors and commas.
Multi Column Data Files
The multi column data files are utilizing the “-c” options to gain the files which are includes the multi column data. The toggled and plotter is functioning as the multi column mode to toddle out with the state of other “-c” caption. xgraph f1 -c m1 m2 -c f2 is considered as the example for this process. The files such as f1 and f2 are considered as the form of interpretation as one xy-pair for the line files and then the m1 and m2 which is interpreted for various column files. This process includes the prompt process and that includes some utilization of abscissa and ordinate values.
Multiple Curves, Lines and Plots
The users are placing multiple plots with the given file through placing the keyword “NEXT” among the distinct plots, curves and lines in the data list. It is beneficial to draw the distinct shapes and they are not connected with each other. Additionally, “Next” is used to construct the plotter to implement the operations such as “pen-up” and “pen-down” to break the connection among the set of points. Several curves are drawn with the data to separate the data files. It is about to contained with the line among the data which is plotted over various files.
Window Button Controls
The window buttons based on left control panel are providing some interactive capabilities.
- Quit button
- It is about the quit graph window
- It is used to reset all the modes and the zoom levels
- Redraw the graph
- Re read the data files
- Back and forward history
- It is to remember multiple levels of zoomin movements
- It is used to go back to the previous zoom and pan positions
- Text toggle
- It is permitting for the textual annotations. In general, the textual annotations are visible and pressing the annotation buttons used to enable and disable the annotations embedded in data files
- Points and lines toggles
- It is deployed as the switches for points and lines drawing mode among the three points such as
- Points only identified through small shapes
- Points identified on lines through small shapes
- Lines to connect the points
- Pan v button
- Pan down is used to move the graphs that are horizontal window range in rightward via 25% of current range
- Pan_> button
- Pan right is used to move the graphs based on horizontal window range in rightward through 25% of current change
- Pan_< button
- Pan left is used to move the graph as the horizontal window range in leftwards through 25% of current range
- Pan_^ button
- Pan up is move the graph as the vertical window range in upwards through 25% of current range. The finer panning process is used over the process such as
- Zooming back out
- -Z-out button
- +Z-in button
Axis Ranges (-x_range, -y_range)
Self-scaling is considered as the significant utilization of Xgraph as the default process. In addition, the Xgraph is capable to pick the required axis ranges which include all the data. This process includes some occasions that includes the particular axis range with own selection. The users are capable to specify the ranges based on vertical and horizontal axis through the utilization of some the command line options such as “-x_range” and “-y_range” along with that it provides the simple method for quick zooming process in the particular region of data and with the regulation of consistent axes ranges of various graphs.
- -y_range min_y max_y
- min_y and max_y are allocated with the desired range of limits in the axis
- -x_range min_x max_x
- min_x and max_x are assigned with the desired range of limits in the axis with the specification of vertical axis range
The users have to undergo various ranges such as hard and soft. Here, the hard range depicts the graph which is clipped with some specified ranges based on regardless process of data which covers the range. The soft range denotes the graph which drawn out of the range in the data and it is based on the span range and the data is existed with the outside range which includes data.
For your reference, our research professionals have classified the list of research titles based on Xgraph in Ns2.
Research Topics in Xgraph in Ns2
- Joint computation offloading and resource allocation for MEC enabled IoT systems with imperfect CSI
- QoS driven task offloading and resource allocation at edge servers in RAN slicing
- Deep reinforcement learning for edge computing resource allocation in blockchain network slicing broker framework
- Spectrum allocation scheme considering spectrum slicing in elastic optical networks
- A multi-dimensional intelligent multiple access technique for wireless networks
We hope that we have provided the required knowledge to develop a research project based on Xgraph in Ns2. This article is not an end for our research guidance, the research scholars can contact as at any time to clarify their research complexions and we are providing 24/7 support for the researchers.